What’s the book this month? Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg Mckeown
We live in a society that values constant activity. We’re juggling schedules that are overloaded with menial tasks that don’t even give us fulfillment but that we feel compelled to complete. Many of us are overworked but underutilized and suffering from an overload of information and stimulants. If you can identify with that feeling, then it might be time to embrace the pursuit of less.
Learn how to replace the “I have to do it all, have it all, be it all” mentality with the pursuit of doing “the right thing, in the right way, at the right time.” Learn to be more selective about how you delegate your time and energy, so you can not only accomplish your goals but feel a sense of fulfillment in knowing that they were worthy goals to begin with.
What happens at the BAM Book Club?
- Lively and engaging facilitated discussion
- You will feel less alone, find some new biz pals and feed your biz soul
- Work. You’ll be working on your business instead of in your business and will gain insight, skills and ideas to take you to the next level
- Individual reflection time to put ideas into play
- You will get to take your expert hat off and put your learner hat on
What’s the bare minimum to be involved?
- All you need to do is read the introduction and first 3 chapters (at least)
- Be prepared to NOT give advice
- Find a favorite quote from the book to share with the group
Where are we meeting?
We are excited to partner with member, The Inc., Community Coworking + Playschool, a local nonprofit org aiming to achieve gender equity in entrepreneurship, in the workplace and at home by creating community-driven, neighborhood-centric workspaces with onsite childcare for children 5 years old and under. The Inc. now has two Seattle locations, Green Lake and West Seattle. Learn more and sign up to become an Inc. member at www.theinccoworking.org
The Business Book Club will take place every month at The Inc. Green Lake which is located inside of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church at 111 NE 80th St. Seattle 98115. Free parking along 1st Ave. is available and recommended.
We cannot wait to see you!