What’s the book this month? Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Have you ever felt the urge to declutter your work life?
Do you often find yourself stretched too thin?
Do you simultaneously feel overworked and underutilized?
Are you frequently busy but not productive?
Do you feel like your time is constantly being hijacked by other people’s agendas?
If you answered yes to any of these, the way out is the Way of the Essentialist.
The Way of the Essentialist isn’t about getting more done in less time. It’s about getting only the right things done. It is not a time management strategy, or a productivity technique. It is a systematic discipline for discerning what is absolutely essential, then eliminating everything that is not, so we can make the highest possible contribution towards the things that really matter.
By forcing us to apply a more selective criteria for what is Essential, the disciplined pursuit of less empowers us to reclaim control of our own choices about where to spend our precious time and energy – instead of giving others the implicit permission to choose for us.
Essentialism is not one more thing – it’s a whole new way of doing everything. A must-read for any leader, manager, or individual who wants to do less, but better, and declutter and organize their own their lives, Essentialism is a movement whose time has come.
What happens at the BAM Book Club?
- Lively and engaging facilitated discussion
- You will feel less alone, find some new biz pals and feed your biz soul
- Work. You’ll be working on your business instead of in your business and will gain insight, skills and ideas to take you to the next level
- Individual reflection time to put ideas into play
- You will get to take your expert hat off and put your learner hat on
What’s the bare minimum to be involved?
- All you need to do is read the introduction and first 3 chapters (at least)
- Be prepared to NOT give advice
- Find a favorite quote from the book to share with the group
Where are we meeting?
Several of our local chapters facilitate their own book club meet ups, and we don't want any of you to miss out! Join us for an online discussion and have the benefits of networking and support without leaving your home or office!
Meet via Zoom Video Conference: https://zoom.us/j/4086345124
We cannot wait to see you!